Sunday, February 8, 2009

Josefina Baez and the Mother Flowers

So many things have happened since I last posted. It just goes to show how you can't be certain about anything, and the only thing you have is yourself, your own guts and brains and sheer strength to help you through anything at all.

But what I specifically wanted to post about is one woman who breezed into the lives of 24 university students and touched every single life. For five days, we learned about theatre and beyond. She would insist that "it's just theatre, it's not a cure for AIDS" but what I took back from knowing her for those five days, from what she taught us will stay with me. There is so much to write, and this time I've actually started. It's important to continue, to keep you here with us, to carry on what you taught us. Until we meet again :)

She laughed and laughed when I told her the blog address - motherflowers.blogspot.com

blog comments powered by Disqus